Location Address:7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for the strategic planning and continued growth of the ICU & CVICU. Annually reviews program strengths and weaknesses and provides plan for the upcoming year. Collaborates with the leadership team, physicians, EMS to identify opportunities.
· Reviews all quality data for improved patient outcomes.
· Responsible for recruiting, training and maintaining competent staff for all areas of responsibility. Works with the HR department to ensure that the best candidates are retained. Responsible for mentoring and coaching staff.
· Coordinates the continuity of nursing care provided and takes the initiative to ensure appropriate levels and quality of care will be provided. Demonstrates leadership ability, accepts responsibility, exercises authority and functions independently using effective written and verbal communication. Investigates complaints and/or non-compliance of polices. Collaborates with other departments and disciplines to provide continuity of patient care and promote teamwork.
· Develops and assumes responsibility for multiple departmental budgets and is proactive with cost containment. Abides by the yearly unit budget planning and productivity guidelines. Oversees and utilizes productivity standard to ensure that the unit staffing assignments are done efficiently according to the schedule/patient caseload. Collaborates with management team to develop unit-staffing plans, reviewing on an ongoing basis.
· Utilizes patient and employee satisfaction survey information in the development of unit activities. Performs Nurse Leader Rounding on the unit and establishes customer satisfaction activities. Maintains Visibility Management Board and creates action plans to support improvement. Evaluates personnel turnover and recommends appropriate retention strategies. Involves staff in achieving unit goals. Shares data with staff. Supports the customer and employee satisfaction activities of the organization.
· Develops and manages the implementation of department goals, objectives and unit performance improvement process. Responsible for establishing and revising procedures, policies, standards, techniques and nursing competency based on findings from unit performance improvement initiatives and unit rounds.
· Oversees unit personnel performance evaluations within the specified deadlines and recommends personnel action plan for improving performance. Recognizes staff needs for additional skills and recommends pertinent education. Reviews and revises unit job descriptions of personnel with the management team at least annually.
· Promotes a safe environment: Supervises and initiates appropriate action in emergency situations, demonstrates awareness and control of hazards which may endanger patients, visitors and employees, identifies environmental concerns by conducting routine unit rounds, communicating necessary precautions for the safe environment. Ensures adherence to appropriate regulatory standards and AdventHealth policy procedure.
· Maintains professional competency by participating in continuing education and appropriate learning experiences both internal and external. Attends pertinent conferences and seminars regarding clinical nursing, business, or management.
· Reviews department metrics and quality standards with physicians. Attends department specific section meetings. All employees at AdventHealth Zephyrhills are expected to live the service standards identified below.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Skills in: strategic planning, business development, goal setting and results measurement, budgeting, contract negotiation, marketing, human resource management and operations management
· Ability to work effectively with hospital administration, staff, clinicians, physicians and community members
· Demonstrated communication, organization, leadership, and decision-making skills
· Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking, and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements
· Ability to communicate effectively and present information to both large and small groups
· Ability to manage stresses and handles challenging situations and personalities.
· Computer knowledge and skills
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of accredited school of nursing
· Critical Care experience
· Baccalaureate degree in health-related field.
· Master’s degree in business or health care administration or related area preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum of 5 years healthcare management in a hospital setting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current state Registered Nurse Licensure
· LEAN Leadership Certification completed within one (1) year
Responsible for leading and directing strategic and business plans to support the continued growth of the intensive care unit. establishing collaborative relationships with other managers and departments in AdventHealth Zephyrhills and throughout the system; building and maintaining long-term relationships with the physicians such as emergency medicine physicians, hospitalists, etc.; provides financial oversight for the entire inpatient service line; developing and leading system-wide initiatives related to performance improvement (team, finance, innovation, safety/quality, patient experience); conducts technology equipment planning and negotiation. Ensures all areas of the service line work together and creates a common vision of excellence; Directly responsible for (CVICU and ICU).
Responsible for all aspects of customer service/patient experience (HCAHPS, employee engagement and safety culture). Responsible for ensuring quality outcomes for the and coordination with all departments impacted and administration.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.