Registered Nurse, Pre-Admission Test/Screen - Per Diem - Overlook Medical Center
Atlantic Health (SP)
Required Education: High School
Internal Number: 112347637
OVerlook Medical Center currently seeking a Per-Diem Registered Nurse in Pre-Admission Test/Screen working 1-2 shifts per week. The hours are varied, 7a-3p, 7a-5p, or 10a-6p. Weekends as needed.
* Utilizes nursing assessment skills effectively, evaluates PAT orders for completeness, completes nursing assessment to facilitate timely OR start times on day of surgery, assesses pain, sleep apnea and fall-risk, assesses medications and potential interactions.
* Demonstrates keen clinical skills, performs direct patient testing including EKG's, assists PAT team members with other testing such as phlebotomy draw and need to have additional help to position patient appropriately, supports completion of patient testing in a timely manner, demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide patients with necessary educational materials, involves patient and caregiver in plan of care, analyzes situation critically and makes effective clinical decisions, identifies situations that require immediate attention.
* Maintains complete and accurate documentation in a timely manner, uses appropriate resources to obtain additional patient information if necessary, identifies and reports all risk management issues in a timely manner, completes and reviews required documentation from MMF, physician offices, or other outside facilities.
* Demonstrates professional practice responsibilities, demonstrates ability to multi-task, prioritize patient testing, and problem solve to meet the changing needs of the patient, their families and/or caregivers in addition to departmental needs, demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures, demonstrates leadership abilities, functions as a resource and mentor and provides support to staff, takes an active role in obtaining appropriate education and training, participates in collecting departmental statistics, conducts self in a clam manner during stressful situations, participates in hospital or department specific committees.
* Monitors PAT patient flow and intercedes to avoid delays, facilitates OR on time starts by expediting SDT, demonstrates flexibility based on patient and department needs, facilitates patient and chart readiness for Medical Evaluation and Anesthesia Evaluation.
* Maximizes patient satisfaction, provides service recovery as necessary, remains courteous and positive, respects privacy and adheres to HIPAA guidelines, fosters a pleasant and positive environment.
* Maintains safe environment, uses proper body-mechanics, utilizes standard precautions, follows National Patient Safety Goals.
* Functions as a patient advocate, notifies anesthesia or medical team of concerns in patient status and/ or testing results, encourages patient questions and uses appropriate approved translation tools such as Deaf-Talk an Cyracom.
Valid New Jersey Nursing License Required
3-4 years of experience in an acute care settng required
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune's 'Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For' list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.