Location: Newark, Delaware
Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiac Rehabilitation
PT Day Shift (Hours: 7:30a - 4 pm) No Holidays/Weekends or Call
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Department at the Healthcare Center at Christiana (HCCC) is currently recruiting for a part-time Cardiac Rehab Registered Nurse (RN) to join their team. Please click the link to learn more
Cardiac Rehabilitation - ChristianaCare
Our Cardiac Rehabilitation program includes monitored exercise, which allows for achieving a heart-healthy level of physical activity under the guidance and supervision of trained cardiac rehabilitation specialists. This part-time RN works on our patient care days Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinates the patient's enrollment in the program.
- Performs medical record review, admission interview, cardiovascular assessment, and program orientation.
- Prepares individualized treatment plans and adjusts when necessary.
- Oversees/conducts monitored exercise sessions based on identified health needs.
- Demonstrates/instructs activities and self-monitoring techniques to patients.
- Assesses patient's clinical response to exercise therapy and makes appropriate adjustments in treatment plan when indicated.
- Frequent contact with physicians, nursing units, social workers, and physician office staff to manage patient care.
- Identifies cardiovascular risk factors, and lifestyle modification needs.
- Provides education and counseling to patients and families.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Two retirement planning offerings, including 403(b) with company contributions
- Generous paid time off with annual roll-over and opportunities to cash out
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
- Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
Education and Requirements:
- BSN required, or must commit to obtaining within 3 years of the date of hire.
- Master's degree preferred.
- At least two years of nursing experience in Cardiac Rehabilitation, Critical Care, or Cardiovascular required.
- ACLS required
- Flexibility to provide services at 3 locations (PMRI, Glasgow Medical Center, Healthcare Center), occasionally working as early as 6 am, and occasionally, working on Tuesdays/Thursdays for department coverage.