Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
This position is accountable to perform a variety of office coordination, customer service, and revenue cycle functions that will ensure the efficient day-to-day operations for the Mary Washington Medical Group, Cardio-Thoracic Surgery Group, and the Cardiac and TAVR Programs. The position plays a key role in the practice's front-end revenue cycle processes and is in a position to significantly impact the patient experience. The position requires an unwavering focus on patient satisfaction as well as the ability to multi-task. The incumbent will also support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains a cardiac and TAVR clinic patient log.
- Creates TAVR referral document, collaborate with SH coordinator for all appropriate testing, including imaging, lab work and needed test result.
- Schedules follow up appointments, cardiac education sessions, diagnostic testing and other services for patients as required. Schedules 30-day and 1 year follow up surveillance for all TAVR patients.
- Contacts referring cardiologist offices for TAVR consults and requests all documents required for physician evaluation; including imaging, health history, and echo reports.
- Serves as a Liaison for internal and external medical specialists to coordinate patient appointments. Collaborates with radiology and pulmonary lab to coordinate all testing and support for TAVR consults.
- Establishes clinical monitoring filing system to ensure patients receive necessary radiographic, and physician follow up.
- Reports clinical data to disease specific registries when indicated.
- Serves as point of contact for external vendors to coordinate cardiac and TAVR program educational events. Interfaces with patients, family members, physicians, visitors, and other guests in a courteous and professional manner. Communicates with Cardiac Rehabilitation services to ensure Cardiac surgery and TAVR patients are scheduled, faxes orders and confirms patient enrollment.
- Registers patients in the Practice Management Information System (PMIS), obtaining and/or verifying all relevant demographic and insurance information. Reviews electronic eligibility verification responses to ensure insurance coverage is in effect for all insured patients. Ensures all services are authorized and necessary referrals are active as required.
- Presents patients with appropriate paperwork based upon appointment type and registration status.
- Monitors the reception area and keeps patients, family members, visitors, and Associates informed of schedule adjustments. Maintains a neat and orderly waiting area.
- Courteously answers all incoming phone calls. Takes messages and delivers/communicates in a timely manner. Triages calls to ensure timely and appropriate response. Checks voicemail messages consistently throughout the day.
- Processes patients quickly and accurately through computer-based scheduling system for appointments, surgeries, procedures and/or testing as appropriate for patient care.
- Ensures security and accuracy of patient files, payments and databases. Communicates with physicians' offices and staff in a timely and professional manner. Initiates, monitors and responds to tasks through the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Patient Portal.
- Reviews patient accounts for outstanding balances. Collects co-payments, deductibles and outstanding patient balances at the time of service. Posts payments in PMIS. Reconciles records and receipts with payments collected at the end of each shift.
- Responds to requests for information from centralized billing office (CBO) to ensure timely and accurate submission of claims.
- Supports organization's participation in government incentive programs such as EHR Meaningful Use, Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) and other programs by collecting and recording required data and providing appropriate communication to patients.
- Assists with the entry and processing of physician billing, including entry and/or reconciliation of inpatient, outpatient, and surgical charges.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of two years medical office experience required. Multi-specialty office or cardiac front office experience preferred.
- Experience in a customer service setting required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.