Location: Suffern, New York
The System Director provides leadership and support to direct reports to coordinate laboratory activities of hospital-based laboratories in Suffern (Good Samaritan), Warwick (St. Anthony) and Port Jervis (Bon Secours Community Hospital) to achieve business objectives including efficiency, quality, regulatory, fiscal, operational, technical, and growth. This position exercises a degree of latitude in carrying out daily tasks with minimal supervision.
- Serves as the on-site administrator for the laboratory facilities.
- Facilitates operational needs of laboratory operations.
- Provides leadership and appraises the performance of respective direct reports, including authority to hire effectively works with all levels of staff to ensure a service delivery system, which sets standards of excellence in terms of quality, response time, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Communicates routinely concerning policy recommendations and suggested courses of action pertinent to the laboratory business.
- Advises Vice President and Chief Operating Officer where executive involvement is necessary to accomplish objectives.
- Ensures involvement of direct reports in the preparation of and management to department budgets and educates them in the importance of the budget, forecasting and planning process.
- Advises and makes recommendations to leadership concerning budgeting, cost, and financial matters.
- Develops strategic plan for business unit and participates in strategic planning process for broader organization. Analyzes and evaluates detailed expense trends in collaboration with the appropriate finance leaders.
- Takes appropriate and timely corrective action to address variances.
- Leads and participates in multidisciplinary teams at the corporate, division and facility level to ensure key quality and operational performance is in alignment with organizational priorities.
- Provides guidance to facilities as it relates to implementation of corporate and division projects and initiatives. Assess facility compliance with operational regulatory requirements and works with laboratory directors to prepare for inspections as needed.
- Assists in the development and sustainment of charge master and dictionary standardization to maximize revenue capture and reduce billing errors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum of six years of relevant work experience required (NYS personnel guidelines to function as a supervisor).
Bachelor's degree in laboratory sciences or related degree required.
Valid New York State Department of Health license as a laboratory technologist required. National registration (NCA/ASCP) preferred.
Proven experience in maintaining project schedules, documentation, communications, and meeting deadlines are required.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area's leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children's Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.