Location: Miami, Florida
Independently performs complex complete congenital heart echocardiograms and/or fetal echocardiograms. Performs triage of examinations, orientation, and preparation of patients; provides preliminary interpretation and presentation of data to Attending Physicians. Maintains echo equipment and laboratory. Documents procedures according to Hospital and department standards.
Job Specific Duties
- Independently performs complex complete congenital heart echocardiograms and/or fetal echocardiograms.
- Analyzes, organizes data, and performs calculations appropriate to study and presents to physicians.
- Discusses and collaborates with physician on fetal echocardiogram findings.
- Assists medical staff with special/invasive procedures.
- Enters patient demographics, verifies order to undertake examination, and performs echocardiographic study based on patient's medical history.
- Explains examination procedure and reassures patient and family to ensure comfort, understanding, and cooperation.
- Instructs/teaches scanning techniques specific to pediatric cardiac anatomy.
- Maintains echo equipment in good working condition and echo laboratories clean and well provisioned; reports malfunction to supervisor as needed.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement initiatives in echocardiography.
- Assists in counseling and education of mothers/families before and after fetal echocardiograms.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Associate's Degree Allied Health or related field (OR) 2-4 year program in diagnostic ultrasound (OR) 7+ years of experience (Required)
- CPR BLS -American Heart Association BLS maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- Eligible for registry in Ultrasound, RDCS or RCS by ARDMS or CCI
- 7-10 years Experience in cardiac clinical ultrasound
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Credentialed in Fetal Echocardiography (FE) specialty by ARDMS preferred
- 2 years of fetal echocardiography experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to perform competently and efficiently in crisis situations
- Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families, peers, physicians, and other hospital personnel
- Ability to learn appropriate software application(s)
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
Imaging & Radiology
Primary Location :
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus