Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Operations Control Center
The Transfer Registered Nurse RN in the Operations Control Center performs patient chart reviews and bed placement planning for any of the following service lines: Cardiac, Medicine and Surgical. Works closely with MD Provider team and works in support of Administrative Coordinators.
The Operations Control Center manages the bed placement of patients/movement of patients to the appropriate units within Vanderbilt University Adult Hospital.
- Variable Shifts 7AM - 7:30p; 7PM to 7:30AM (3 shifts per week)
- Six-week self-scheduling windows rotating A/B groups for first to schedule
- 4 weekend shifts are required per six week schedule
- Department is 24/7/365 with a holiday rotation
Direct contact with Clinical Staff Leaders on Inpatient units and PACUs to collaborate on the patient throughput of the Adult enterprise also known as Vanderbilt University Adult Hospital.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and where your diversity of culture, thinking, learning, and leading is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/Disabled
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education, and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
TRANSFER REGISTERED NURSE RN KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Systematic processing of patient acuity and expert level of clinical decision making, to facilitate the patient flow through the continuum of care.
- Uses critical thinking skills to make recommendations that promotes the best potential patient outcome based on clinical information, patient/physician preferences, and the capability of both transferring and receiving facilities.
- Screens admissions, using approved criteria, for appropriateness of level of care orders and bed assignments. Coordinate patient scheduling needs for appointments and perioperative procedures
- Educates nurses, physicians and ancillary staffs in level of care and admission/transfer issues/ opportunities.
- Proficiency in EHR (Electronic Health Record) data entry, telephone and office systems, as required to support operations, while ensuring accurate, timely data entry and the protection of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Stays up to date with all departmental procedures, policies and communications to ensure adherence of appropriate process for final referral resolution.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Qualifications - External
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (or equivalent experience) and 5 years relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Registered Nurse Required
Additional Qualification Information:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Preferred
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
As a Vanderbilt University Medical Center employee, you make a difference to our patients and their families by bringing compassion and care to those in need of hope and healing. Please see our current employee benefits offered:
- Affordable High Quality Health Plan Options
- Dental and /or vision plan
- 403 (b) retirement plan
- Paid Time off (flex PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement and adoption assistance (maximums applied)
- Short-Long term disability
- Subsidized backup childcare
- And many more... Ask us about our current inpatient nursing supplemental Pay Program!
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance. Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment. Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area. Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues:- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance e and gain knowledge in new areas.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences. Delivering Excellent Services:- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring. Managing Resources Effectively: - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities. Fostering Innovation:- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
LIC-Registered Nurse - Licensure-Others
Relevant Work Experience
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.