**$2,500 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates**
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
- Performs all nursing duties within the scope of a Licensed Vocational Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse as required by state of employment (procedures, injections, EKGs, phlebotomy)
- Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and timely
- Reviews the patient record, chart, reports (including laboratory and x-ray), and other pertinent information for each patient prior to being seen by the provider and reports relevant information to the provider 100% of the time
- Coordinates patient care as directed by physician, company standards and policies
- Organized and accurate processing of appropriate documents
- Respects patient confidentiality
- Organizes Housecall bags and maintains equipment, responsible for ordering equipment as necessary
- Maintains certifications (LVN or LPN & CPR)
- Answers phones and schedules appointments based on best geographic locations to minimize drive time between patients
- Schedule family meetings when appropriate
- Responsible for note taking during Interdisciplinary Team Meeting
- Responsible for ensuring proper communication between PCP and Palliative Care Team
- Triages patient phone calls to the appropriate destination, ensuring that urgent calls are expedited to the provider
- Readies patient chart for each provider’s daily visits:
- Map on front of the chart
- Charts updated with labs, data, consult notes, hospital records, etc.
- Consents in chart when appropriate
- Participates in Marketing events
- Performing a medical house call if necessary
- Medical Records Management
- Collect any samples from the home visits (labs) and ensure proper labeling/dissemination
- Keep provider mileage logs and reimbursements
- Obtain and track referrals
- Fulfill medication refill requests
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Current unrestricted Licensed Vocational Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in applicable state of employment
- 3 or more years of related LVN or LPN clinical experience
- Reliable transportation
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT coding
- Perform procedures, injections and phlebotomy
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience in a medical, home or hospice setting
- Knowledge/experience in hospice, palliative care and end-of-life patient management
- Bilingual English/Spanish
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.